— Thu, Dec 28, 2006 —


The Gyllenhaal family Christmas went a little different than probably expected. Early Wednesday morning a fire broke out at the inn in which the family was staying. No one was injured in the blaze, but beyond that Jake was happy to lend a hand in the rescue efforts. Towleroad has the story:

A fire broke out at Manka's Inverness Lodge in Marin County early Wednesday after a tree fell on the structure. The local fire chief called it a total loss.

Jake Gyllenhaal and sister Maggie were staying at the inn for Christmas. Guests were seen running outside at around 2:43 am. Said a neighbor: "They weren't dressed to come out. It was early."

Daniel DeLong, chef and co-owner, said Gyllenhaal assisted with recovery efforts: "Jake was helping me pull things out of the fire."

Other well-known guests at the inn were Frances McDormand and husband Joel Coen. No injuries were reported.


So, they're saying that Jake played firefighter in his sleepwear (let's just go ahead and imagine it was boxers...)? Hotttt.

[Source, Source]

Read More: Jake Gyllenhaal

Looking to comment? Scroll here.





Comments


No. 1
Theresa says:

mmmmmmmmmm.

Now today is a nice day.

December 28, 2006 3:45 PM
No. 2
Adrienne says:

Le swoon...mental image...

http://www.celebrityfox.com

December 28, 2006 4:20 PM
No. 3
Keeper says:

I sort of have to laugh when I seen this. No offense. As Manka's lodge keeper I was privy to the events that occured. Jake WAS indeed a very big help to the events that transpired. Most of all he was there to lend support physically as well as emotionally to all of Manka's staff. It was a big deal to see him standing there assisting in this without any concern other than what the staff and owners were feeling and going through. The Gyllenhall family, including sister Maggie, her husband Peter Saarsgard and mother Naomi Foner have vacationed at Manka's on more than one occassion and have been considered friends of the lodge. Sorry there was no Jake in underwear; he was in jeans, a jacket and hat. The structure he was in was perfectly safe from the fire. His mother had stayed in the main structure of the lodge that burned and she as well as the other 7 guests were evacuated safely. Maggie and her family stayed in a unit off more than 3 blocks from the main lodge. Jake stayed to assist in the aftermath for most of the afternoon until he felt there was nothing left to do but allow us, the employees space to grieve. He is a fine man and a wonderful humanitarian. My hats off to Jake.

December 29, 2006 4:08 PM
No. 4
Anon says:

Awwww! I love Jake!!! Not only is he the hottest thing on two legs, he is a sweet, generous, kind, thoughtful person.
And did I say he's hot?

December 30, 2006 1:57 AM


Post Your Comments

Note: It may take up to a minute for your comments submission to be processed. Please do not click "Post" more than once, or your comments may be duplicated.


Email This Post