• Here’s the song that’s convincing impulsive hipsters to part with thousands of dollars for a computer that won’t even play a CD!!!!!!!!! [Queerty]
• Bigotry thrives again in Mississippi. [DListed]
• Britney Spears‘ dad now temporarily controls all her assets. She is 26. [PS]
• Kirsten Dunst is now also on the verge of a breakdown. Would you please remind us why people want to be famous? [Yeeeah]
• Fact: Alicia Keys is the most underrated beauty in entertainment. [INO]
• Lindsay Lohan’s in traffic school! Hellooooooo, sitcom writers? Are you listening? Something for after the strike. [ICYDK]
• We’re skeptical about the benefits of aerobic striptease. Sorry, but it seems ridiculous. Prove us wrong. [HT]
• Interspecies love connections. Cutest link ever! [CityRag]
• Scared yet: “The economy lost 17,000 jobs in January, the Labor Department reported on Friday, the first monthly decline in four years and the most striking evidence yet that the United States may be slipping into a recession.” [NYT]
• Food for thought on Super Bowl weekend. [Jezebel]
Oh, get a grip. It’s a sweet song and CDs are so 2005.
Cord has the hots for Alicia Keys?
I was actually looking for this song today…weird.
Sigh. I do not care for that little comment. Mississippi’s an easy target, lay off.
While those represententatives who I’ve never heard of have been making their crazy laws, I’ve been trying to keep my 3rd graders from buying five bags of potato chips at lunch. The kids are hungry, five bags of potato chips cost one dollar, healthy food’s expensive and the stuff they get in those free lunches is disgusting–whatever it is, it is not fruit/veggies/whatnot.
You do the math.
These representatives are delusional, but they have reason to be. It’s not bigotry, it’s stupidity. We’re poor and we’re hungry, so we’re fat. Fat is cheap. These guys want to do something about it; they’re wrong and misguided, but it’s not because they hate fat people; it’s because we’re dying of potato chips.
So I guess what I want to say is, please don’t mess with my Mississippi, we’ve got enough problems.
p.s. I actually love your site…giving it up for Lent!
1) I would break that Mac before I got it out of the store. The song however, I am indifferent about.
2) Oddly enough, the middle shmuck looks to be over 30 BMI.
3)Restraining order on Sam? I love that shit! Its good to know not all the judges in SoCal are idiots.
4)Yes!!! More names for DeathWatch o8!! Viva la DeathWatch!!
5)I don’t know what it is about Alicia, but she strikes me as a lipstick lesbian.
6)Stay off the sidewalks ladies and gentlemen.
7)Aerobic striptease is BS. Give me a workout tape led by an overweight woman and let me watch her progression into toning up and losing weight. Then I’ll purchase it.
8)Interspecies love connections is so old. Its called Beastiality.
9)Thanks for the reminded that we’re all screwed, Cord. Its okay, I forgive you.
10)I know this is wrong, but I have a problem with rape and/or abuse (such as the woman saying Randy Moss hit her) allegations against athletes. I tend to think that at least some of the accusations are fabricated because of their status. IE: Gold digging hussies. I’m not saying all, but at least some.
Mae, I partially agree with you on issue number seven. (Thank you, by the way, for your careful numbering system. You may be over Rock of Love, but you’re clearly in this to win it, baby!)
I watched Carmie’s striptease/”exercise” on On Demand, thinking I’d shimmy and straddle my way into shaplier thighs and a more toned ass. Instead I was immediately annoyed at her lack of personality, and the ridiculous outfits she was wearing. She’s like Katie Holmes talking about hemming her Goddamned pants! If I wanted to be bored, I’d just watch another freakin’ re-run of The Office while I wait for the writer’s strike to play its course.
So to summarize (because it’s 2am and I shouldn’t even be awake), I feel bad for anyone who bought Carmen Electra’s workout program, because you’re going to be fat and non-sexy despite it all.
Oh lol. Way to really miss the point on improving technology.
“…it???s because we???re dying of potato chips…”
Please let me see Ms. Meg’s post in the Commies this week. How astute!
Ms. Meg, best of luck in your endeavor to improve access to proper nutrition for your kids. Sorry to see you go. I gave up sucking my thumb for “Easter” when I was six.
cooter… it could be Intern Whitney.
lale, anything I can do to make the world a better place, I try. I know a couple people who bought Carmen’s DVDs. Never used them.
No doubt, Meg.
Mississippi is an odd state. I try to drive thru it fast and without having to stop for gas. Still, it’s not odd enough that killer potato chips are a bill worthy cause.
“…No. 11 mae says:
oh, no! I only quote you with the utmost respect. The parallel you draw between money and nutrition is spot on. I really do hope you are successful in your endeavors.
Oh no, I was agreeing with you when I said “touche, Ruby” :)
Is this girl a “new soul” because she is a horse reincarnate?
Who plays cds on a laptop? My grandma?
Scared? Fuck. I’ve long since resigned myself to the fact that we’re heading for another Depression. Husband’s been out of work for 3 months because there aren’t any houses to build (which is VERY odd in this part of VA - used to be we couldn’t get them up fast enough for all the northerners who wanted to relocate), and he can’t even get a job at McDonald’s.
1. shit, I wanted one and I don’t play cd’s I still like to download them to my computer. Does it play dvd’s? I also now I find out I’m an impulsive hipster. This day just gets worse by the minute.
2. I love Miss Meg. Ps, I’ll be in Mississippi next month. Is it just me or anytime you write it do you also spell it out? I can’t, not, do that.
3. Mess, mess, mess
4. Mess, mess, mess
6. Alert, Fox. Celebrity driving school. Call Gary Coleman, stat!
7. Ok, Carmen’s video does suck. But those pole classes are not only hard but also a good workout. I work a mean pole. Your whole body will hurt the next day. I mean, so I’ve heard. I’m a respectable member of society.
8. I want to pet that monkey
9. No worries, Bush is promoting tax cuts. That should help, right?
10. totally forgot the Superbowl even happened.
Oops, I totally confused Ms. Meg and Mae. My bad! I’m so confused!!