We can only hope that after this photo was taken Britney Spears told the Jonas Brothers to run for their lives. If there's anything interesting about the VMAs, it's the interactions behind the scenes between stars who would normally never speak to each other. For more audience and backstage photos, click through. CONTINUED »
You know America is going downhill when one of the day's big stories centers around a 15-year-old and her high school breakup music. The song in question is Miley Cyrus' "7 Things," which grown adults speculate is about her bitter split with Nick Jonas. We have a hard time caring about any artist whose lyrics include, "My best friend Lesley said oh she's just being Miley," but this is what happens when Britney gets her life back in order.
Miley Cyrus has taken a break from leaking scandalous photos to talk to Seventeen magazine about her former secret relationship with Nick Jonas. Keep in mind the two are 15 years old as you listen to Miley rehash the greatest romance of our time:
We became boyfriend and girlfriend the day we met. He was on a quest to meet me, and he was like, 'I think you're beautiful and I really like you.' And I was like, 'Oh, my gosh, I like you so much.' Nick and I loved each other. We still do, but we were in love with each other. For two years he was basically my 24/7.
When we were dating, Nick wanted me to get highlights ??? and so I did that, and I got myself looking great. And then, on the day we broke up, I was like, I want to make my hair black now ??? I don't want to look pretty; I want to look hard-core. I was rebelling against everything Nick wanted me to be. And then I was like, I've got to be by myself for now, and just figure out who I really am.
Nick is now rumored to be dating Miley's YouTube rival and fellow Disney star Selena Gomez, but Miss Cyrus doesn't mind: "I like being the girl nobody can have. No one can touch me, no one's mine. I'm myself. I think it's sexy to do your own thing." Seeing as how her views on relationships have rapidly matured, you can also expect her trip to rehab earlier than normal.
When Miley Cyrus was chosen to host the Teen Choice Awards, which was filmed last night and will air tonight, we're unsure whether or not the producers expected her to hog the spotlight as much as she obviously did. Judging from the pictures, she treated the entire awards show like one of her infamous YouTube videos, including her BFF Mandy in most of her bits and ruining a perfectly good LL Cool J performance.
In other news, Dwight graced the show with his presence, Mariah continued to use a glitter microphone, Arcuhleta's dad still won't go away — and when did Chace Crawford become so good-looking?
Click through for more pictures than should be allowed. CONTINUED »
• Elisabeth Hasslebeck comes off looking dumber than ever. [INO]
• Larry King fans have too much time on their hands. [CityRag]
• Why this Sunday will be more blessed than usual. [DListed]
• Christina Aguilera couldn't stay away from that obnoxious red lipstick. [PS]
• Adam Sandler runs errands in the same outfit he wore to his movie premiere, which lets you know how much he cares about You Don't Mess with the Zohan. [ICYDK]
• Miley Cyrus' handlers need to tell her to just stop talking. [Yeeeah]
• Liz Taylor is have health troubles. But can she still howl? [DListed]
• Britney Spears has a new man. [Yeeeah]
• Miley Cyrus wants her brother to stay out of Hollywood, presumably so he doesn't steal her spotlight. [ICYDK]
• Kendra Wilkinson wears a short skirt for charity. [HT]
• Casting rumors for the next Batman movie: Who's going to play The Riddler? [INO]
• Mary-Kate Olsen's bringing the 90s ??? and our desire to vomit ??? back. [PS]
• The latest round of leaked Miley Cyrus photos make us feel like we're on To Catch a Predator. [Yeeeah]
• Mario Lopez looks like a d-bag even when he's just standing still. [INO]
• Jennifer Lopez won't let those pesky twins keep her from starring in box office failures. [DListed]
• There's rumors of childish drama on the set of Gossip Girl. Um, obviously. [PS]
• Jenna Jameson's covered in blood but still working the pole. Commitment. [HT]
• Nevermind, Madonna and Guy Ritchie won't be renewing their vows after all. Let the divorce rumors recommence. [ICYDK]
If you're a condom maker and searching for the next big celebrity to endorse your product, you might have problems if 15-year-old Miley Cyrus is the first person to come to mind. Unfortunately, the geniuses behind LifeStyles condoms are all destined to make appearances on To Catch a Predator, because Miley is exactly the spokesperson they're targeting. Says Lifestyles' VP of marketing:
Pop culture proves that teens are more ready than ever to disuss the subject of sex. With recent reports showing that one out of four teenage girls has an STD and the high level of teenage pregnancy, we believe that Miley is both influential and relatable to this afflicted set ??? and is the obvious choice to get the message of safe sex out to teens across America.
And just to sweeten the deal, the tween pop star ??? who claims to be waiting for marriage ??? will receive a lifetime supply of condoms for "whenever she decides the time is right." Well, who can turn that down?
Disney brat Miley Cyrus was asked about her latest controversy involving YouTube and the most childish behavior we've seen from her thus far. After publicly making fun of fellow network stars Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato, Miley backtracked:
I mean, if we offended them we're super sorry. … They were being funny, and you know that's our thing is to be funny. So they were being funny on their show and everyone, you know, Elvis says imitation is the greatest form of flattery, so we were, like, imitating them, you know, like, being funny.
You say imitating, we say mocking. Tomato, tomahto.
Thank goodness YouTube and Facebook weren't around when we were in high school, because the petty antics seem to have reached an all-time high for today's youth, and it's all in front of the Internet. The biggest YouTube feud of the moment is between two Disney stars: Miley Cyrus and Selena Gomez (who is currently dating Miley's ex-boyfriend Nick Jonas of The Jonas Brothers ??? you keeping up?). Selena and her BFF, fellow Disney star Demi Lovato, posted a YouTube video that wasn't up to Miley's liking, so she mocked it with her own. It's childish and unnecessary, but so is high school drama. Watch the clip above and feel your brain cells die rapidly.
TRL seems to be a breeding ground for bad fashion statements: First Mariah Carey showed up in that monstrosity of an 8th grader's outfit, and now Miley Cyrus appeared on the program looking like she let a blind person pick out her clothes. Really, how many articles of clothing is this girl wearing? It's out of control.
MILEY CAN'T QUIT WHILE SHE'S AHEAD "[Miley] Cyrus is rumored to be interested in the lead role in Undiscovered Gyrl … which would be that of 'a lovable, lost suburban girl who descends into a life of reckless partying and promiscuity.' The source says if Cyrus did take the part, you???d be seeing a lot more of Cyrus than what appeared in the Vanity Fair photos. 'There would definitely be nude scenes,' says the source."
Miley Cyrus' Good Morning America performance today in Bryant Park further cemented the theory that she is a miniature Britney Spears in the making. The choreographed dance moves, the giggly interviews — she's a pro at the ripe age of 15, which means she's due for a rehab stint within the next three years.
Gisele Bundchen let it all hang out for the latest issue of V Magazine and then actually formed some coherent sentences during an interview. Small victories. Despite answering the question of what she's most passionate about with a simple ???the destruction of our planet," Gisele had plenty to say when it came to the Miley Cyrus Vanity Fair scandal:
Can you believe this is news? It???s ridiculous. And the politicians aren???t going to create any laws about this [kind of media saturation]. They???re very happy with it. They can go around doing what they want and no one cares because we???re more concerned about some 15-year-old girl holding a sheet in a picture. No one cares about what [the politicians are] screwing up, or how much money is being lost.
• Big Brother already has its first racial slur, and the season just started two days ago. [DListed]
• Miley Cyrus seriously needs to just stop taking pictures of herself. [Yeeeah]
• Jay-Z's hotel request: "One giant watermelon was split in two and ornately carved into a mold of Beyonce's breasts. Two cherries were used as nipples." [INO]
• Who wants to see Britney Spears shooting a video in an elevator? [PS]
• Jake Gyllenhaal finds his Blackberry more interesting than Reese's kids. [PITNB]
• The end is nigh: Tyra Banks has been named the hardest working person in showbusiness. [ICYDK]